It’s no secret that I love decorating with color, but I realize the idea of bold color choices is not one that everyone can embrace. I also don’t subscribe to the belief that beige is always boring. I actually think a room full of neutrals can be just as interesting as any colorful space with the right layers, textures and accents. This series of photos, courtesy of our friends at The Everygirl proves just that! The Everygirl recently collaborated with Interior Define to design two stylish and affordable sofas and I’m especially loving the Rose sofa. It’s a classic, English roll arm style sofa that is timeless and elegant in a basic beige linen blend fabric. I just love how they’ve styled it in these pictures. Below are 5 takeaway lessons on creating a chic and layered neutral room…
1. Introduce pattern. The throw pillows here feature an mix of patterns in various scales which add a ton of personality and makes a bold statement on this beige sofa.
2. Incorporate texture. In this case, a natural fiber rug adds textural interest as does the existing brick wall backdrop so the sofa really pops out against these rich textures.
3. Add warm metals. Gold and brass accents help bring warmth to this neutral space.
4. A living element is a must. Natural elements such as a plant or fresh cut flowers are an easy way to bring an instant pop of color and life into a room.
5. Add statement art. Large scale artwork is another great way to add personality to a neutral room. And it doesn’t have to be loud or colorful to make a statement. In this case a simple photograph with a lot of negative space creates a strong focal point.
Shop The Everygirl x Interior Define sofa collaboration here.
SHOP THE LOOK