Ask Nicole: Help Me Find A Stylish & Affordable Coffee Table!

September 15, 2010 Advice

Q. Hi Nicole, I have been following your blog for a while now and love your sense of style. I’ve been looking for a gold leaf/faux gold leaf coffee table and am having the hardest time finding one that is reasonably priced. Can you help? – Corin

A. Corin, Nate Berkus has a beautiful gold look coffee table in his collection for HSN (pictured above) that I would highly recommend. It has a delicate gold faux bamboo frame and comes in both a glass top and mirrored top version. The styling is reminiscent of high-end French designs from the 1940s and 1950s. As for affordability, this one retails for just $199.95, proving that you don’t have to spend a fortune to achieve high style at home. Vintage is another great way to go. If you have the patience to search around you can score an amazing deal. Craiglsist and eBay are two of my favorite online sources for inexpensive vintage furnishings and I also recommend trolling your local flea markets…flea markets are a guaranteed treasure trove full of wonderful vintage finds. Good luck!

Need design advice or help solving a decorating dilemma? Email me at info {at} sohautestyle.com and your question could be featured on So Haute!

Christine Schwalm Design

That’s fabulous! I have a colleague who is looking for something exactly like that for her living room. I will pass along the tip.

Kiran

I so wish I could go to this. :-)

xx
KC

Rachel S. @ Pencil Shavings

I have this very same coffee table. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I ADORE it. My only gripe was that the glass was shattered into a billion pieces when it arrived. But HSN had the best customer service I have maybe ever encountered, and then refunded me $65 to have the glass replaced.

Anyway, you can get a sense of scale in the photo I shot of it (sans glass). http://pencilshavingsblog.com/2010/09/03/found-my-camera-battery-charger/

It really is a fantastic piece for so little $$$.

sanjay mehra

I think this would look better with a dark wood top or a deeply veined marble top.

Nicole - So Haute Post author

Thanks everyone!

Rachel – so glad to hear HSN did the right thing but happy to hear that you’re pleased with the overall quality and construction. The table looks so great in your space!

Sanjay – i think white marble would loo fabulous too!

Jenna

Does anyone know where I can find this coffee table?

Mikayla