Three of the Best: Bar Carts

January 8, 2013 Fab Finds

Photo via Lonny

One of my aboslute favorite pieces of occasional furniture is the always classic, highly versatile bar cart. In recent years, the bar cart has taken on a new multipurpose use in the home. Although it’s the perfect solution for those who love to entertain but don’t have room for a full bar, you don’t have to it just for serving drinks!  You can repurpose your bar cart as a console table, styled up with a chic stack of books and a vase of pretty flowers, as additional storage for your favorite dinnerware and tabletop pieces, or even as a bedside table. From rattan or ultra-modern modern chrome to industrial looking metal or mod-inspired lucite, there are plenty of choices when it comes to style, although I’m particularly a fan of the more traditional French-inspired brass options. Here, I’ve rounded up the three best at high, low and mint condition vintage price points as well my favorite inspiration photos of some beautifully styled bar carts for your viewing pleasure! And another great tip if you’re looking to score a deal, is to scour Craigslist and eBay for vintage options. Try the search terms “bar cart” or “tea cart” and if you want to narrow down your search results even further, you can enter specific terms like, “brass”, “rattan”, etc. You’ll often find fabulous vintage options in great condition for under $100!

High: Arteriors Home Lisbon Bar Cart $1200 | Low: Jill Bar Cart $349 | Vintage: French Faux Bamboo Bar Cart $3980

Photo via Lonny

Photo via Tamara Mack Design

Photo via The Life Styled

Photo via Pinterest

Photo via Design Sponge

SHOP MORE BAR CARTS

Tonia

Its nothing like a great barcart, doesn’t matter if you drink or not.

Mike

LOL! There is so much wit, ingenuity and design in those carts! Even though I personally don’t drink, I’d still buy the one with the large metal wheels – a bit of decor, and it’ll become a great decoration piece for a study.

nikki w

Sweet! I’ve been trying to source a budget friendly bar cart for a project. Just in time lady. Thanks mucho
p.s.
Just used some Nate Berkus items for two recent projects as well.
and http://www.livelaughdecorate.com/2013/01/a-seductively-sexy-master-bedroom-reveal.html
Thanks for the original shout out about his Target collection.

Willem

I also love the one with the big wheels. Now all I need is a butler to operate it. :)

Jentrified

My all time favorite bar carts are vintage Italian goatskin carts by Aldo Tura. Gorgeous.

Kim L.

Gorgeous pics! My dream is to someday own a bar cart. I absolutely adore the 2nd to last image. It looks so classy and sophisticated!

sonya moseley

Hi

I am looking to purchase a bar cart as a present for Christmas. Please can you advise how I can find out the prices and place an order if suitable?

Many thanks